Lately, Bennett has been picking up some new phrases and saying some pretty cute things...
"Come on, mommy!" (sounds more like "tum on")
"Wait for me, mommy!"
"I'm hungy!" (I know, shocking, but sometimes he does want to eat!)
"I hear noises."
Me: "Good night, Benny. I hope you have sweet dreams."
Bennett: "I dream about mommy."
"I need juice," "I need milk," "I need cake," etc.
"Mommy, play Red." (He "plays" Sherriff and I play Red the firetruck. Playing consists of us driving our cars around, Bennett telling me where the fires are, and me putting them out.)
Bennett has a darling little book about construction trucks going to bed. On one of the pages, a truck is snoring and a man is sticking his head out of the window saying, "Hey! Pipe down!" He asked what the man was saying, so I read it to him. (First mistake!) Later that night, he kept saying "Pipe down." I explained to him that it meant "be quiet," but wasn't a very nice way to say it. Immediately, he replies, "Daddy, pipe down!" (Oh, brother!) Fast forward a few weeks ... We are walking into Bible Study and I realize that I have forgotten my name tag and we have to walk all the way back to our car to get it. Under my breath I said, "Dang, it!" (Second mistake!) Bennett starts repeating it over and over. I explain that it is not a nice thing to say and that I shouldn't have said it. Later that day when I am putting him down for his nap, he says it again. I remind him that's not a nice thing to say to which he promptly replies, "Pipe down." Apparently, he is keeping a running list of "not nice" words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment