Tuesday, July 19, 2011

30 Candles

A few weekends ago I turned the big 3-0.  For years now, my three best friends and I have planned to take a big girl's trip to celebrate our 30th birthdays.  After many months discussing location and dates, we finally settled upon New York City this October. We are soooooo excited!  That's why I really didn't expect a whole lot when my birthday rolled around. (Just a family cookout at my parents house on Sunday.)  The night before my birthday we had planned to go to my parents house for dinner and an evening swim.  My mom had ordered pizza at Mazzio's and we were to pick it up on our way over to their house.  Little did I know, James had planned a suprise party for me and some of my dear friends and their kiddos were there waiting for me in the back room.  We had so much fun stuffing our faces with pizza and eating yummy specialty cupcakes.



The next morning, I was hanging out in my pjs when I saw some people walk up to the front door through the closed blinds.  I frantically told James to answer the door while I went to put on a robe.   The visitors just happened to be Katie and Ryan bringing a suprise breakfast of buttermilk spice muffins from Mimi's and fruit salad.  I thought they wouldn't be able to come for the weekend, so it was a big suprise!  After breakfast, Katie and I headed to the mall for a shopping trip with some birthday money.  It was so much fun shopping with Katie without a one-year-old in tow.  I found several shirts, a dress, sunglasses, and two bathing suits, which was a miracle, because I never can find things I like when I have money to spend!  After our shopping trip, we went to the lake with Ryan, Katie, and another one of our couple friends.  Katie and I tackled the tube together just like when we were little girls.  It was hilarious!



Sunday was the family cookout at my parents house with swimming afterwards.  My mom made my favorite cake - Coconut Sour Cream.  MMMMMMmmmmmm, was it good!


1 comment:

  1. What a great weekend! Way to go on planning, James! Happy belated birthday, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete